“FABIANA STRIFFLER is a very talented violinist who plays directly from the heart. Her beautiful sound is a reflection of herself. Fabiana has a unique balance of keen Intuition and Intellect that allows her to make pure music no matter what creative situation she finds herself in.“ New York 2016, Garry Dial (Grammy “live at the Village Vanguard”)
Born in Germany in 1988, Fabiana studied Jazz and Classical violin at the University of Arts in Berlin (UdK) and the Conservatory of Music (Hanns Eisler). Her early years she spent with her lovely family in Italy. During her childhood she was encouraged to engage in a variety of artistic and musical activities. By the age of 13 she was performing music styles other than classical, which awakened her interest in improvised music.
Fabiana is both, a brilliant violinist and a robust fiddler.
She learned with Greg Cohen with whom she has maintained a musical collaboration and a close friendship above all since the beginning of her studies, Mark Feldman, Carla Kihlstedt, Ken Peplowski, Andy Statman, Garry Dial, John Hollenbeck, Kurt Rosenwinkel, David Friedman, Stephan Braun, Ulrich Bartel, Stephan Picard, Dragan Radosavievich and others.
2018 supported by Initiative Musik gGmbH with funds from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.
2018 supported by Musikfonds.
2018 Under the category “Best Album” of the year her debut-album “Mahagoni” is nominated for the VIA Award by Deutschlandfunk Kultur.
2016 “New York City-scholarship” with funds from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture.
2016 “Yehudi Menuhin Association” scholarship with “Fabiana Striffler Trio”.
2015 “Elsa-Neumann”- scholarship for compositions/performance with an modern and improvising string-quartet.
2015 sponsorship for “Fabiana Striffler Trio” by the Berlin Senate for artistic affairs.
2014 Successfully she finished her Bachelor degree at the University of Arts (UdK) Jazz-Institut Berlin.
2013 Winner of the jury-prize with “La Roman de la Rose” at 100 Grad Festival Berlin.
2013-2018 “Yehudi Menuhin Association” scholarship.
Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, Konzerthaus Berlin DE, Filharmonie Brno CZ, Le Palais des Congrès de Paris FR, Jazzfest Berlin, Volksbühne Berlin, Kampnagel Hamburg, Heimathafen Berlin, Hebbel am Ufer (HAU) DE, Kulturarena, Sunset Paris FR, A-Trane Berlin, Jazz Dock prague, JazzFest Brno CZ, Baltic Circle Festival Helsinki FI, MusicFestival Royal Lazienki PL, Ear to the Ground-Festival BE, Fusion
France, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Spain, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Marokko, Island, Finnland, Belgium, Argentina, Uruguay, USA, West-Africa
· France @ Le Palais des Congrès de Paris – Improvisation At The Work Place
· Germany @ University of the Pop-Arts, HdpK Berlin – The Art Of Violin
· Italy @ Il Doccione, Tuscany together with Prof. Greg Cohen – Roots Music Workshop
· Italy @ Il Doccione, Tuscany together with Prof. Greg Cohen – The Art Of Improvisation
· Belgium @ Koninklijk Conservatorium, Gent – Improvisation based on the music of Igor Stravinsky.
Fabiana collaborated in over a 40 studio productions.
Recent publications see HERE
Travis, Kwabs, Bajka, Greg Cohen, Julia Hülsmann, Sabir Mateen, Quique Sinesi, John Hollenbeck, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Sarah Connor, Vincent Segal, Joey Baron, Perry Robinson, Polyversal Souls, Earl Harvin, Awa Ly, Michael Schiefel, Kalle Kalima, Lori Goldston, Charity Children
Collaborations in Theater
· Nya Rampen “Worship” FL
· Shadow theater of the “Konzerthaus Berlin”.
· Projects with director and actor “Julian Bisesi.
· “Weißes Rössl” opera production with the art direction “Landgraf”.
· Benefit concerts for refugees „Champions Ohne Grenzen“.
· music/shadow theater for children in hospitals, in cooperation with the Konzerthaus Berlin.
· In cooperation with the “Yehudi Menuhin Verein” she plays at a wide variety of places where they bring music in psychiatries, to inmates in jail, to children in children´s homes, to refugees and in old peoples homes.
· Konzerthaus Berlin, music for children.
· Vacations with music, with children of the children home “Pestalozzi-Kinderdorf Wahlwies”.
· Music for “Europäischer Bürgerpreis”.
· Woman in politics “Helene Weber” award.
If you wish to download press fotos, please click HERE