“FABIANA STRIFFLER is a very talented violinist who plays directly from the heart. Her beautiful sound is a reflection of herself. Fabiana has a unique balance of keen Intuition and Intellect that allows her to make pure music no matter what creative situation she finds herself in.“ New York 2016, Garry Dial (Grammy “live at the Village Vanguard”)
Born in Germany in 1988, Fabiana studied Jazz and Classical violin at the University of Arts in Berlin (UdK) and the Conservatory of Music (Hanns Eisler).
She is considered both, a brilliant violinist and a robust fiddler.
Her first years she spent with her lovely family in Italy, and discovered at an early age her strong interest in arts and music. She learned with Greg Cohen, Mark Feldman, Carla Kihlstedt, Ken Peplowski, Andy Statman, Garry Dial, John Hollenbeck, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Stephan Picard, Dragan Radosavljević.
2018 supported by Initiative Musik gGmbH with funds from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.
2018 supported by Musikfonds.
2018 Under the category “Best Album” of the year her debut-album “Mahagoni” is nominated for the VIA Award by Deutschlandfunk Kultur.
2016 “New York City-scholarship” with funds from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture.
2016 “Yehudi Menuhin Association” scholarship with “Fabiana Striffler Trio”.
2015 “Elsa-Neumann”- scholarship for compositions/performance with an modern and improvising string-quartet.
2015 sponsorship for “Fabiana Striffler Trio” by the Berlin Senate for artistic affairs.
2013 Winner of the jury-prize with “La Roman de la Rose” at 100 Grad Festival Berlin.
2013-2018 “Yehudi Menuhin Association” scholarship.
Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, Konzerthaus Berlin DE, Filharmonie Brno CZ, Le Palais des Congrès de Paris FR, Jazzfest Berlin, Volksbühne Berlin, Kampnagel Hamburg, Heimathafen Berlin, Hebbel am Ufer (HAU) DE, Kulturarena, Sunset Paris FR, A-Trane Berlin, Jazz Dock prague, JazzFest Brno CZ, Baltic Circle Festival Helsinki FI, MusicFestival Royal Lazienki PL, Ear to the Ground-Festival BE, Fusion
France, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Spain, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Marokko, Island, Finnland, Belgium, Argentina, Uruguay, USA, West-Africa
· France @ Le Palais des Congrès de Paris – Improvisation At The Work Place
· Germany @ University of the Pop-Arts, HdpK Berlin – The Art Of Violin
· Italy @ Il Doccione, with Greg Cohen – Roots Music Workshop
· Italy @ Il Doccione, with Greg Cohen – The Art Of Improvisation
· Italy @ Il Doccione, with Greg Cohen – Advanced Music Directorship
· Belgium @ Koninklijk Conservatorium, Gent – Improvisation based on the music of Igor Stravinsky..
Fabiana collaborated in over a 40 studio productions.
Recent publications see HERE
Travis, Kwabs, Bajka, Greg Cohen, Julia Hülsmann, Sabir Mateen, Quique Sinesi, John Hollenbeck, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Sarah Connor, Vincent Segal, Joey Baron, Perry Robinson, Polyversal Souls, Earl Harvin, Awa Ly, Michael Schiefel, Kalle Kalima, Lori Goldston
Collaborations in Theater
· Konzerthaus Berlin
· Finnish National Theater Helsinki
· Benefit concerts for refugees „Champions Ohne Grenzen“.
· music/shadow theater for children in hospitals, in cooperation with the Konzerthaus Berlin.
· In cooperation with the “Yehudi Menuhin Verein” she plays at a wide variety of places where they bring music in psychiatries, to inmates in jail, to children in children´s homes, to refugees and in old peoples homes.
· Konzerthaus Berlin, music for children.
· Vacations with music, with children of the children home “Pestalozzi-Kinderdorf Wahlwies”.
· Music for “Europäischer Bürgerpreis”.
· Woman in politics “Helene Weber” award.
If you wish to download press fotos, please click HERE