“FABIANA STRIFFLER is a very talented violinist who plays directly from the heart. Her beautiful sound is a reflection of herself. Fabiana has a unique balance of keen Intuition and Intellect that allows her to make pure music no matter what creative situation she finds herself in.“ New York 2016, Garry Dial (Grammy “live at the Village Vanguard”)
Born in Germany in 1988, Fabiana studied Jazz and Classical violin at the University of Arts in Berlin (UdK) and the Conservatory of Music (Hanns Eisler). Her early years she spent with her lovely family in Italy. During her childhood she was encouraged to engage in a variety of artistic and musical activities. By the age of 13 she was performing music styles other than classical, which awakened her interest in improvised music.
Fabiana is both, a brilliant violinist and a robust fiddler.
She learned with Greg Cohen with whom she has maintained a musical collaboration and a close friendship above all since the beginning of her studies, Mark Feldman, Carla Kihlstedt, Ken Peplowski, Andy Statman, Garry Dial, John Hollenbeck, Kurt Rosenwinkel, David Friedman, Stephan Braun, Ulrich Bartel, Stephan Picard, Dragan Radosavievich and others.
2018 In the cathegory “Best Album” of the year her debut-album “Mahagoni” got suggested by Deutschlandfunk Kultur to the VIA Award.
2016 “New York City-scholarship” sponsored by the Berlin Senate.
2016 “Yehudi Menuhin Association” scholarship with her Band “Fabiana Striffler Trio”.
2015 “Elsa-Neumann”- scholarship for compositions/performance with an modern and improvising string-quartet.
2015 sponsorship by the Berlin Senate for her project: Fabiana Striffler Trio.
2014 Successfully she finished her Bachelor degree at the University of Arts (UdK) Jazz-Institut Berlin.
2013 Winner of the jury-prize with “La Roman de la Rose” at 100 Grad Festival Berlin.
2013-2018 “Yehudi Menuhin Association” scholarship.
Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, Konzerthaus Berlin DE, Filharmonie Brno CZ, Le Palais des Congrès de Paris FR, Volksbühne Berlin DE, Kampnagel Hamburg DE, Heimathafen Berlin, Hebbel am Ufer (HAU) DE, Kulturarena, Sunset Paris FR, A-Trane Berlin, Jazz Dock prague, JazzFest Brno CZ, Baltic Circle Festival Helsinki FI, MusicFestival Royal Lazienki PL, Ear to the Ground-Festival BE, Fusion,…
France, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Spain, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Marokko, Island, Finnland, Belgium, Argentina, Uruguay, USA, West-Africa,…
– With her new single “Black And Purple” in a radio show at “Deutschlandfunk Kultur”, 2018.
– With her new album “Mahagoni” in a one hour radio show at Deutschlandfunk Kultur, Norddeutscher Rundfunk and RBB in 2017.
– With her new album Mahagoni in magazines and newspapers like: Jazzpodium, Jazzthing, Folker, Rhein-Lahn Zeitung, Südkurier,…2017.
– BBC Recordings with Kwabs on “Walk” 2015.
– RBB TV at “Stilbruch” with the Omniversal Earkestra 2015.
– Radio-show at “Sender Berlin” with the Fabiana Striffler Trio 2014.
– Deutschlandradio Kultur with the Omniversal Earkestra 2015.
– TAZ newspaper article “Berlinkultur” about the Omniversal Earkestra 2014.
– “Jazz in Berlin” Book by Rainer Bratfisch, 2013: Omniversal Earkestra, Berlins most unique Bigband.
– BBC Radio 3 Between the Essays: With Faint Dry Sound (1st Dec. 2015).
Given Workshops at:
– France @ Le Palais des Congrès de Paris – Improvisation At The Work Place
– Germany @ University of the Pop-Arts, HdpK Berlin – The Art Of Violin
– Italy @ Il Doccione, Tuscany together with Prof.Greg Cohen – The Art Of Improvisation
– Belgium @ Koninklijk Conservatorium, Gent – Improvisation based on the music of Igor Stravinsky.
Fabiana collaborated in over a 40 studio productions.
Recent publications see HERE
She played and worked with renowned musicians such as:
Greg Cohen, Sabir Mateen, Quique Sinesi, John Hollenbeck, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Sarah Connor, Vincent Segal, Chris Dahlgren, Joey Baron, Perry Robinson, Bajka, Max Weissenfeldt, Lory Goldston, Earl Harvin, Awa Ly, Michael Schiefel, Fran Healy (Travis), Kwabs (“Walk” Acoustic Version on BBC-Radio), Kalle Kalima, Francesco Bigoni, Charity Children, Clara Haberkamp
She has played and composed for renowned theater-groups like:
– Nya Rampen “Worship” FL
– Shadow theater of the “Konzerthaus Berlin”.
– Projects with regisseur and actor “Julian Bisesi.
– “Weißes Rössl” operette production with artdirection “Landgraf”.
– Benefit concerts for refugees called „Champions Ohne Grenzen“.
– Mozart-Martinée at the concerthouse Berlin, music for children.
– music and shadow theater for children in hospitals, Helios-Klinikum Berlin.
– christmas-stories with music at “Jugendgästehaus St. Michaels-Heim” Berlin.
– Vacacions with music, with children of the children home “Pestalozzi-Kinderdorf Wahlwies”.
– music at schools: “Grundschule am Heidekampgraben” (Berlin), “Integral WfB Werkstatt für Menschen mit Behinderungen (Berlin)”, “Waldorfkindergarten Alicante” (Spanien), “Behinderteneinrichtung Köpenick”…
– In cooperation with the “Yehudi Menuhin Verein” she plays at a wide variety of places where she brings music in psychiatrys, to inmates in jail, to children in children´s homes, to refugees and in old peoples homes.
– Music for awards: “Europäischen Bürgerpreises” 2015 (Europ. Parlament Berlin)
– music for events: naturalisation at “Roten Rathaus Berlin” 2014, woman in politics “Helene Weber” award 2015.
– violin-improvisation for lection of Alfred-Döblin-laureate: Kathrin Groß-Striffler, 2015
If you wish to download a shorter BIO/CV or other promotion material, please click HERE